The overall objective is to create an environment in which students:
- Gain a deeper appreciation of the interconnectedness of the biological and the physical environments of the Earth;
- Learn to solve complex multidisciplinary problems by interacting with investigators from different fields within geosciences while developing the expertise needed to contribute to team solutions and
- Communicate effectively both with scientific peers in diverse fields within geosciences and with the public in order to improve the level of public awareness and understanding needed to intelligently shape public policy toward a sustainable future.
The mission of this Geoscience program at University of Connecticut is to offer transdisciplinary programs of instruction and research that advance understanding of the interaction of biological, chemical, geological, and physical processes, including feedback mechanisms, at all spatial and temporal scales. It centers around the processes that have shaped the Earth through geologic time, continue to shape the environment today, and which provide the basis for understanding the present and future impact of human activity on the planet.
- Sediment Transport
- Glacial Processes And Materials
- Advanced GIS For Remote Sensing For Geoscience Applications
- Advanced Structural Geology
- Advanced Plate Tectonics
- Igneous Petrology
- Metamorphic Petrology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology View 275 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.The Graduate School does not require a third-party credential evaluation, however we accept evaluations from the following services:
- NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or
- AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators)
If your degree is a 3 year bachelor’s degree from India, Canada, Australia, Sri Lanka or certain other countries, we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree. Even if the degree has been evaluated as a 4 year degree by an outside credential evaluator that is a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators), we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree.TranscriptsPersonal Statement of Purpose
International26304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13152 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13152 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5844 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Storrs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.