Key learning outcomes
Through the Information Management Systems program offered by the Harvard University you:
- Build an understanding and application of current information management technologies, such as databases, communication protocols, cloud computing, and web frameworks.
- Gain knowledge of risk and opportunity assessment, change management, and understanding of practical frameworks for resolving business challenges.
- Enhance your understanding of business needs around modern commerce, ability to evaluate competing solutions, and practice in planning the deployment of emerging technologies.
The master’s degree includes 12 courses, at least one taken on campus.
- Get started. You begin by completing three admission courses from the program curriculum. This is your opportunity to demonstrate your commitment and ability to perform well as a Harvard student.
- Apply to the program. While you are completing your third admission course, you submit your application. We have application periods in the fall, spring, and summer.
- Continue your studies, online and on campus. As you progress through the program, you choose from courses offered on campus or online, in the fall, spring, or summer. To fully experience Harvard, you take at least one course on campus as part of your degree. Short, intensive on-campus options are available.
- Complete a capstone. Working in classroom and team setting, you'll work with fellow master's candidates to apply knowledge and skills obtained in the program to design a significant enterprise project and present it to a faculty committee for critique. You'll emerge with a solid understanding of how a large-scale, information technology project is executed and communicated.
- Graduate with your Harvard degree. You participate in the annual Harvard Commencement, receiving your Harvard University degree: Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in extension studies, field: Information Management Systems.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Web GIS: Technologies and Applications
- Fundamentals of Website Development
- Dynamic Web Applications
- Software Testing and Test-Driven Development
- C, Unix/Linux Programming, and Web Interfaces
- Experimenting with Formal Languages.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Engineering Management View 741 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
To begin the admission process, you simply register—no application needed—for the following two, graduate-level degree courses (available online):
- 1 web principles course
- 1 data communication course or database management course
The two courses don't need to be taken in a particular order or in the same semester, but each course must be completed with a grade of B or higher, without letting your overall Harvard cumulative GPA dip below 3.0.
Before you enroll in any degree-applicable courses, you must possess a four-year regionally accredited US bachelor's degree. You cannot already have or be in the process of earning a master's degree in Information Management Systems or a related field. Foreign bachelor’s degrees must be evaluated, and the Admissions Office makes final determinations about eligibility.
International37200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National37200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.