Key Learning Outcomes
Through the Master of Liberal Arts, Digital Media Design degree from Harvard University program you will:
- Develop an understanding and application of the latest tools in the communication portfolio, such as web design, video, and still photography.
- Build deeper knowledge of modern production methods and perspective to harness new and emerging technologies.
- Gain experience in applied learning through varied coursework and a thesis or capstone.
The degree includes nine courses—at least one taken on campus—and a thesis or capstone project.
- Get started. You begin by completing three admission courses chosen from the program curriculum. This is your opportunity to demonstrate your commitment and ability to perform well as a Harvard student.
- Apply to the program. While you are completing your third admission course, you submit your application. We have application periods in the fall, spring, and summer.
- Continue your studies, online and on campus. As you progress through the program, you choose from courses offered on campus or online, in the fall, spring, or summer. To fully experience Harvard, you take at least one course on campus as part of your degree. Short, intensive on-campus options are available.
- Complete your thesis or capstone project. If you choose the thesis track, you work with a thesis director to conduct in-depth research on a topic relevant to your professional plans. You'll emerge with a solid understanding of how research is executed and communicated, producing publishable quality results. If you choose a capstone track, you'll apply knowledge and skills obtained in the program to produce an innovative digital media prototype, ordinarily in web design or video production, and present it to a faculty committee for artistic and technical critiques.
- Graduate with your Harvard degree. You participate in the annual Harvard Commencement, receiving your Harvard University degree: Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in extension studies, field: Digital Media Design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Web GIS: Technologies and Applications
- Computer Science Using Java I
- Computer Science Using Java II
- Fundamentals of Website Development
- Developing for Drupal 8
- Dynamic Web Applications.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media View 516 other Masters in Design in United States
Admissions: Earn Your Way In
To begin the admission process, you simply register—no application needed—for the following two, graduate-level degree courses (available online):
- 1 computation design course
- 1 animation, film, or virtual reality or design and application development for the web course
The two courses don't need to be taken in a particular order or in the same semester, but each course must be completed with a grade of B or higher, without letting your overall Harvard cumulative GPA dip below 3.0.
Before you enroll in any degree-applicable courses, you must possess a four-year regionally accredited US bachelor's degree. You cannot already have or be in the process of earning a master's degree in Digital Media Design or a related field. Foreign bachelor’s degrees must be evaluated, and the Admissions Office makes final determinations about eligibility.
International35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.