Throughout the International Security Studies - MISS programme at the University of Trento , students choose among several elective subjects and take part in role-play, simulations, moot courts, and case study analysis, aimed at training participants to understand the various factors and actors having an impact on the global order, with specific reference to security issues.
Teaching takes place entirely in English. Frontal lessons, language courses and tutoring activities contribute to developing advanced English language communication skills, necessary for entry into international working or research environment. Students will also acquire a working knowledge of at least one additional foreign language.
The Master's degree in International Security Studies prepares its students for positions within the areas of security, public policy, and international relations. MISS graduates will possess the skills and qualifications necessary to:
- Hold positions of responsibility within European and international institutions and organisations engaged in security, peacekeeping, and state-building activities;
- Work in private organisations dealing with risk prevention and risk management;
- Work in national ministries and enter the diplomatic service;
- Work for governmental and non-governmental organisations engaged in areas such as institution-building, project management, humanitarian assistance, local development and reforms, security risk prevention and management;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Role of Universal and Regional Organizations in Promoting Peace and Security
- Genealogies and Aporias of Security
- Armed Conflicts and International Law
- Security Studies: Concepts, Methods, and Issue Areas
- Probability, Certainty and Security in Economics: Concepts and Methods
- Transnational Global Governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
• February for non-EU citizens living outside Italy
• June for EU citizens and non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 30 other Masters in International Relations in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic background and reference letter
- Statement of purpose
- Relevance of previous studies and experience to the course objectives
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3400 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
• EU: 340€-3.400€ (based on income/merit)
• Non-EU: 1.000€-4.500€ (based on merit)
• Income/merit based scholarships and tuition waivers are available
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.