The Studio Art program focuses on the advancement of each student’s abilities as an artist. Work in the studio and studio based classes is combined with courses in art criticism, theory and history to provide a context of ideas for developing students’ visions. Frequent contact with faculty members and visiting artists exposes students to diverse viewpoints and practices.
M.F.A students work closely with faculty members from all areas of the Department of Art and Art History, as well as with visiting artists, and are expected to demonstrate exceptional commitment and productivity.
Why consider coming to University of Connecticut? Here are some of the reasons:
- An intensive, multidisciplinary approach
- Creative excitement and intellectual energy of an art school and a major research university combined
- A nationally and internationally renowned faculty
- Fully funded program providing both tuition remission, stipend, and health insurance
- One of the most successful and exciting creative and intellectual communities in the country
- Visiting artists, field trips and exhibition opportunities
- The success of our alumni
- Access to all the arts
- Large new studios and new and improved facilities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Art Seminar
- Graduate Studio Art
- Special Topics: Studio Process & Practice
- Issues in Contemporary Art
- Studio Art Instruction and Curriculum Planning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 717 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.The Graduate School does not require a third-party credential evaluation, however we accept evaluations from the following services:
- NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or
- AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators)
If your degree is a 3 year bachelor’s degree from India, Canada, Australia, Sri Lanka or certain other countries, we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree. Even if the degree has been evaluated as a 4 year degree by an outside credential evaluator that is a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators), we will not consider the degree to be equivalent with a 4 year US bachelor’s degree.TranscriptsPersonal Statement of Purpose
International25884 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per semester during 36 months.
National25884 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5640 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Storrs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.