Health Promotion program at the University of Alberta is designed to train practitioners to identify and analyze the major personal, cultural, and socio-environmental determinants of health and health behavior.
In partnership with local, regional, and national stakeholders, we train MPH students to design, implement, and evaluate social and behavioral interventions and social policies aimed at improving individual, community, and population health. We are proud of our longstanding commitment to effective participation and collaboration with non-academic practitioners and policy makers across government (e.g., health, social services, education, urban planning) and with a variety of non-governmental organizations and advocacy groups.
Graduates from this program become health promotion specialists working inside and outside government to improve the health of communities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Determinants of Health
- Strategies in Health Promotion Practice
- Psychosocial Perspectives on Health
- Health Promotion Planning and Evaluation
- Health Program Evaluation
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 31 other Masters in Health Management in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 20 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.