The master of Health Policy and Management at the University of Alberta emphasizes critical issues in health care policy formulation and implementation, development of analytical skills, and expertise need to lead and manage health systems, programs and agencies in the health and social services sectors.
Graduates work in diverse areas of policy development and health system management, leadership and administration, including public health programs, hospitals and care facilities, provincial health departments, and other health- and wellness-related organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Health Care Finance
- Introduction to Health Care Economics
- Management and Design of Health Care Organizations
- Basics of Public Health Leadership
- Health Policy Development
- Health Law and Administration
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 31 other Masters in Health Management in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 20 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.