The students in the Infrastructure Planning program from New Jersey Institute of Technology acquire the skills and expertise to tackle critical urban challenges.
- Over the past 10 years, MIP studios have focused on the most pressing urban challenges of our time.
- Major research themes in the past five years have centered on planning, designing and rebuilding in the face of climate change, an increase in extreme weather events and sea-level rise.
- MIP students have directly participated in the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s "Rebuild by Design" initiative.
- Studios have also addressed the challenges of changing demographics, such as the aging of the world’s population, the ethnic diversification of suburbs and socio-spatial exclusion in cities.
- The goal of the studios is to introduce students to the tools of urban design and planning. Studio members work at a variety of scales and use a variety of techniques, ranging from small-scale, community-based approaches that improve local conditions to large-scale strategic visions.
- Interdisciplinary Infrastructure Studio
- Geographic Information Systems
- Land Use Planning
- Infrastructure and Architecture
- Infrastructure Planning in Practice
- Public and Private Financing of Urban Areas
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning View 285 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Application for admission
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- GRE/TOEFL/GMAT/IELTS/Duolingo results
- One letter of recommendation
International30834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30834 USD per year during 12 months.
National30834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30834 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State21474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21474 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.