Their responsibilities include:
- Gross examination of surgical specimens
- Non-forensic autopsies / post-mortem examinations
- Preparation of tissues for pathological tests
- Gross specimen photography
They may also hold managerial, instructional, supervisory, and research roles.
This professional degree program aims to be accredited by the NAACLS so that graduates are eligible to write the certification examination from the American Society for Clinical Pathologists (ASCP). Graduates of the Pathologists’ Assistants (PAs) at the University of Alberta are also eligible to write the certification examination from the Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP).
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Gut Microbiota in Health and Disease
- Occupational Hygiene
- Optional Summer Elective
- Topics in Public Health
- Directed Reading in the Basic Medical Sciences
- Directed Reading in Clinical Medicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 101 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.