Professional Engineering Geology from University of Canterbury is strongly applied and concentrates on professional training for practitioners, delivered in a 12-month format.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Engineering Geology Field Methods
- Engineering Construction Practice
- Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Soil Engineering
- Applied Hydrogeology
- Engineering Geology Synthesis and Project Preparation
- Engineering Geology
- Natural Hazard Risk Assessment
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology General Engineering & Technology View 65 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in New Zealand
You will need to have either: a Bachelor of Science majoring in Geology or Earth Sciences; or a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours majoring in Civil, Environmental, or Natural Resources Engineering; or recognition of prior learning/work experience as assessed by the Programme Director.
- Approval by the Academic Dean of Science; and
- 15 points of MATH 100-level courses and 15 points from STAT 100-level courses.
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
- A relevant tertiary qualification plus work experience may be deemed appropriate to meet the prerequisite training.
- Students entering with a Bachelor of Science in Geology or Earth Sciences will normally be required to have passed GEOL 351 Advanced Field Techniques and GEOL 352 Advanced Field Mapping, and 60 other points in GEOL 300-level courses (with a Grade Point Average of normally a B)
International39455 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39455 USD per year during 12 months.
National9214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9214 USD per year during 12 months.
- National Students - 12,787 NZD
- International Students - 54,750 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.