The Engineering Geology program at University of Canterbury is strongly applied and concentrates on professional training for practitioners, delivered in a 12-month format.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Geology Field Methods
- Engineering Construction Practice
- Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Soil Engineering
- Applied Hydrogeology
- Engineering Geology Synthesis and Project Preparation
- Foundations of Engineering Geology
- Natural Hazard Risk Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended to apply as early as possible in advance of your intended start date, to allow for visa and other arrangements.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology View 9 other Masters in Geology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally the minimum requirement is a three-year bachelor’s degree from an Aotearoa New Zealand university, or a qualification or combination of qualifications considered to be equivalent. If you gained your qualifications overseas, these will need to be assessed to make sure they are of an equivalent standard.
International8125 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8125 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5662 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- National Students - 8,814 NZD
- International Students - 12,648 NZD
Scholarships, grants and awards are a great way to fund your university study.
Student loans and allowances
For domestic students, the most common option for funding your study is the New Zealand government's student loans and allowances. Here you can learn more about what they cover, and how to apply.
Overseas financial aid
If you are an international student coming to UC, you may be eligible for tuition or other financial aid from your home country, so make sure to check all your overseas financial aid options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.