This School of Library and Information Studies degree program at the University of Alberta typically extends over three years of full-time study. For additional information, please visit the Alberta School of Business website. Read here about a recently graduated MBA/MLIS student's reflection about the program.
The School of Library and Information Studies and the Alberta School of Business offer a combined Master of Business Administration (MBA)/Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) program option that students can complete within three years (36 months).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Library and Information Studies
- Organization of Information
- Reference and Information Services
- Introduction to Research
- Business Skills Orientation
- Career Management Skills
- Introduction to Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting Information and Internal Decision Making
- Economic Foundations
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility with Communications
- Managerial Finance
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Principles of Marketing Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Library Science View 75 other Masters in Business Administration in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.