You'll consider these through a range of innovative and personal responses to architectural design projects; environmental and constructional technologies; critical research expressed in extended, structured writing, and the skills needed to operate as a progressive professional practitioner.
The Architecture programme from London South Bank University will see you build on analytical design skills and professional competences established at undergraduate level, with a focus on innovation in design, construction, and resource efficient technology. Working in vertical design studios, you will develop an understanding of, and methods relevant to contemporary professional practice, together with an ability to produce complex and diverse design proposals.
When you graduate you’ll be ready to start your second stage of professional practical experience in an architect’s office before progressing to the RIBA part 3 professional practice course and examination.
The course is well connected to key practices in London; many LSBU graduates also choose to work abroad. You may also use your qualifications outside architecture to enter careers such as journalism, project management, writing, teaching, research, or software and gaming design.
In addition to offering the university award of MArch: Master of Architecture (and RIBA part 2), the course is also a preparation for the second period of practical training. The first period of practical training is usually, but not exclusively, undertaken following completion of the first degree in architecture (RIBA part 1).
RIBA, Architects Registration Board
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design 401
- Design 402: Arts, media and digital design
- Architecture and theory: dissertation
- History and theory: critical thinking
- Energy and resource efficiency in design
- Professional practice and design economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture View 122 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This course is usually intended for graduates of architecture courses where students hold a university degree and part 1 professional qualification recognised by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Applicants to the course should have a first degree in architecture (2:2 or better); however, the University recognises that individuals may develop additional skills outside university, and will interview such applicants who have developed a high quality portfolio of relevant academic and practice work.
Applicants for the part-time course should be working in practice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK fee: £6166.67
- International fee: £10266.67
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.