Chemistry at University of Canterbury propels advances in modern society and has an important role to play in solving major global challenges such as energy sustainability, food supply, health, and the environment. Every day, we utilise products developed by experimental chemists, such as plastics, fabrics, petrol, and pharmaceuticals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Chemical Principles and Processes
- Structure Reactivity in Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Biological Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended to apply as early as possible in advance of your intended start date, to allow for visa and other arrangements.
DisciplinesChemistry View 10 other Masters in Chemistry in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to a master’s degree is based on the evaluation of evidence of your ability to undertake postgraduate study in a specialist field of enquiry or professional practice.
- The primary basis for selection is on academic merit, however consideration may also be given to other factors.Normally the minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree from a New Zealand university, or a qualification or combination of qualifications considered to be equivalent.
International24668 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24668 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4840 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National students - 7,535 NZD
- International Students - 38,400 NZD
Scholarships, grants and awards are a great way to fund your university study.
Student loans and allowances
For domestic students, the most common option for funding your study is the New Zealand government's student loans and allowances. Here you can learn more about what they cover, and how to apply.
Overseas financial aid
If you are an international student coming to UC, you may be eligible for tuition or other financial aid from your home country, so make sure to check all your overseas financial aid options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.