Advanced materials, renewable energy solutions, and nanotechnology are areas of focus in both industry and research. A Master in Materials Science and Nanotechnology at University of Oslo is about the physical and chemical aspects of advanced functional materials, with focus on synthesis, structure, reactivity and physical characteristics. Depending on your programme option, the master’s programme gives you theoretical and practical knowledge related to modern nanotechnology, materials chemistry, materials physics or energy physics. You will learn to work independently with research. The teams behind this master’s programme of study are involved in the Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN), which has strong links with industry, as well as having a central role in research projects such as FUNMAT and NANOMAT .
Target knowledge and understanding
- Theoretical and practical knowledge related to modern materials chemistry, materials physics, energy physics and nanotechnology.
- Academic breadth and depth.
- The necessary foundation for training in research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Health, Safety and Environment
- In-depth Laboratory Safety
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Robotics View 4 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Norway
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.