Materials Science and Engineering is the study of the mechanical, physical, and chemical properties of engineering materials, such as metals, ceramics, polymers, and biomaterials.
NJIT’s MS in Materials Science and Engineering curriculum develops skills in problem solving, engineering analysis and design.
While students in the Materials Science and Engineering - Materials Engineering Option M.S. program at New Jersey Institute of Technology learn a wide range of skills and knowledge, we specifically aim for our students to meet the learn the following:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Engineering Materials
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- Diffusion and Solid State Kinetics
- Composite Materials
- Mechanics of Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mathematics Statistics View 790 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Application for admission
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- GRE/TOEFL/GMAT/IELTS/Duolingo results
- One letter of recommendation
International30540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30540 USD per year during 12 months.
National30540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30540 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State20624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20624 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.