At the European and European Legal Studies LLM course from University of Hamburg students can specialize by taking various praxis-oriented classes and focusing in one of the following four areas: The EU as a Political Actor, External Relations of the EU, Companies as Economic Actors and Law of the EU. The program is offered jointly with the Institute for European Integration at the Europa-Kolleg Hamburg.
Due to the specialization of this program, students acquire special qualifications for internationally-oriented tasks in the corporate sector, organizations, research institutions or political offices.
- The EU as a legal community
- The EU as an economic community
- The EU as a political community
- International Relations of the EU
- European Business Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students must have completed a first degree with above-average results (240 credit points) in law, economics or political science
- If applicants have a first degree worth 180 credit points, they must demonstrate above-average performance (e.g., in an internship, through additional academic pursuits or publications, etc.) worth 60 credit points in an area related to the program
- They must be proficient in English
- They must be proficient in German. If desired, they can take German-language courses and German-language exams
International8500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
EU/EEA8500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
- The semester contribution is €328.
Living costs for Hamburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.