Who You'll Work With
In the Mechanical Engineering program of Michigan Technological University students work side-by-side with faculty and industry on initiatives that range from nanotechnology to space systems. Our department is one of the largest in the nation, with more than 40 full-time faculty members and 380 graduate students. Our annual research expenditures exceed $13 million, funded by industry, the National Science Foundation, NASA, Department of Energy, Department of Defense, and many others.
Where You'll Work
Cutting-edge laboratories will be your second home. Our extensive facilities include the Alternative Energy Research Building, the Nonlinear and Autonomous Systems Lab, the Human-Interactive Robotics Lab, the Ion Space Propulsion Lab, and the Human-Centered Monitoring Lab—to name a few.
- Professional Engineering Communication
- Continuum Mechanics/Elasticity
- Nanoscale Science and Technology
- Advanced Mechanics of Matls
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Finite Element and Variational Methods in Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 460 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related technical field - Students with degrees in other fields may be required to take preparatory courses
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (waived for Michigan Tech undergrads)
- Résumé / Curriculum vitae
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- GRE not required
- No Additional Documents Accepted
- TOEFL: Recommended Score of 90 iBT
- IELTS: Recommended Score of 6.5 overall
- Michigan Tech requires a minimum 79 overall TOEFL or 6.5 overall IELTS score.
International25517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25517 USD per year during 12 months.
National25517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25517 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.