What you'll work on.
There is a large and growing need for scientists and engineers with advanced training in the geospatial technologies. In particular, there is a recognized need in different disciplines to gather, analyze, and interpret geographically referenced spatial information and data. The Integrated Geospatial Technology program of Michigan Technological University provides an optimal combination of education and training in Geospatial Science and Technology to students who wish to join the geospatial workforce.
Where you'll work.
GI Scientists lead research and development efforts at geospatial software development companies, government agencies, and in universities. Key government agencies involved in geospatial research are: NGA, USGS, NASA, US DHS, NOAA NGS, EPA, DOD, DOE, DOJ, and others.
Geospatial engineers and scientists are responsible for using geographic data that supports military/civilian operations for disaster relief and Homeland Security. They collect, analyze, and distribute geospatial information to represent the terrain and its possible effects.
- Ethics of Conservation and Sustainability
- Geospatial Concepts, Technologies, and Data
- Data Analysis and Adjustments
- Geodetic Models
- Advanced Photogrammetry - Satellite Photogrammetry
- Close-range Photogrammetry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- Apply at least a semester in advance of projected admission to improve your chances of receiving funding.
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) General Engineering & Technology View 1866 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Résumé / Curriculum vitae
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Please include in your Student Statements experience with Geospatial software and hardware, if any.
- GRE not required
- TOEFL: Required Score of 79 iBT
- IELTS: Required Overall Band Score of 6.5
International23332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23332 USD per year during 12 months.
National23332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23332 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.