Our curriculum emphasizes the sociocultural facets, or social geology, inherent specifically in hazards-related work and broadly in the fields of geological sciences and engineering. Unique opportunities for global study are available in Italy and France through INVOGE, our international dual-degree program.
Our graduate program is flexible, accommodating students’ individual goals and affording specialization for myriad careers in the earth sciences, geophysics, and geological engineering.
The majority of our graduate students are involved in international field-oriented research, but some focus on laboratory or computer studies. The department’s research activities cross disciplinary and national borders, spanning the following areas:
- Development of complex computational models of earth systems
- Laboratory experiments analyzing earth material phenomena
- Analysis of remote-sensing data of the Earth’s surface and atmosphere
- Properties of the Earth’s deep interior and its ancient past
- Field measurements of volcanologic, hydrologic, and atmospheric systems
- Seismic imaging of underground oil and gas reservoirs and their properties
- Advanced Geomorphology and Glacial Geology
- Geology of the National Parks: Field Experience
- Earth Systems Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeology View 183 other Masters in Geology in United States
To be considered for admission to the Graduate School as a degree- or certificate-seeking student, you need to:
- have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, and
- be prepared for advanced study in your chosen field, as demonstrated by your previous degree and your scholastic record.
- Required Materials
- Student Statements
- Official Transcripts
- Admissions Tests
- Letters of Recommendation
- Program Required Documents:
- Review all of the documents required by your program(s) of interest prior to beginning the application process. Additional documents/requirements you may need include:
- A résumé / curriculum vitae
- A writing sample
- Prerequisite courses
- A previous degree in a specified field
International21717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21717 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National21717 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21717 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.