At Geological Engineering from Michigan Technological University you will explore both practices for safely adapting geologic features for human use and considerations for adapting human activities for the preservation of the Earth.
Graduates with Geological Engineering from Michigan Technological University will:
- develop new methods of employing satellite observations and ground-based geophysics to map targets for groundwater, whether for resource development or for understanding groundwater behavior;
- calibrate satellite-based observations to physical properties on the ground surface to predict the likelihood of surface failure during an earthquake, e.g., by liquefaction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Natural Hazards
- Volcano Seismology
- Advanced Geochemistry
- Advanced Computational Geosciences
- Plate Tectonics and Global Geophysics
- Advanced Planetary Geology and Geophysics
- Advanced Earthquake Seismology
- Advanced Reflection Seismology
- Seismic Petrophysics
- Geostatistics & Data Analysis
- Geological Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Apply at least a semester in advance of projected admission to improve your chances of receiving funding.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology General Engineering & Technology View 192 other Masters in Geology in United States
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, and
- Be prepared for advanced study in your chosen field, as demonstrated by your previous degree and your scholastic record.
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Submit a Certificate of Finances Form to show proof of funding.
- English Proficiency
International24415 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24415 USD per year during 12 months.
National24415 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24415 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.