The mission of the Georgia State School of Music is to preserve, promote and advance humanity’s rich and expanding tradition of artistic music-making through performance, composition, education and research in accordance with the urban and global initiatives of the university.
The Music - Composition M.Mu. program is offered at Georgia State University. The graduate programs in the School of Music offer unparalleled opportunities in one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. The school enrolls about 90 students in Master of Music degree programs, Artist Certificate programs, and Ph.D. and Ed.D. programs in music education.
- The graduate programs at the School of Music prepare students for competitive careers in performance, conducting, composition and music education.
- Highlights include one-on-one lessons and mentorship with an internationally acclaimed faculty, 100% job placement in the field of music education, successful placement in prestigious doctoral programs, the opportunity to network with high-profile artists, scholars and businesses, practical experience from conferences to international music festival participation, artist residencies, as well as assistantships to develop practical skills and garner pedagogical experience.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Composition
- Composition Seminar
- Analysis of Post-Tonal Music
- Twentieth Century Music
- Composition Recital
- Final Project in Composition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 816 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Transcript(s): Upload unofficial copies of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. The institution logo and your name must be present on the copies.
- Official TOEFL/IELT Scores (international applicants only): Institutional code 5251 should be used for reporting TOEFL scores.
- Personal/Goal Statement
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Upload within the online Slate application.
- Writing Sample: Provide a scholarly/research paper on a subject in the field of music of a level of intellectual and critical engagement appropriate to graduate-level work.
- Portfolio: Refer to Step 2 below for Portfolio requirements.
- Letters of recommendation: 2 letters of recommendation are required. Applicants must enter the names and contact information of the 2 recommenders within the application.
- GPA: Students considered for admission into the graduate program generally have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.