The mission of the Georgia State School of Music is to preserve, promote and advance humanity’s rich and expanding tradition of artistic music-making through performance, composition, education and research in accordance with the urban and global initiatives of the university.
We offer a master degree in Composition at Georgia State University. The graduate programs in the School of Music offer unparalleled opportunities in one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. The school enrolls about 90 students in Master of Music degree programs, Artist Certificate programs, and Ph.D. and Ed.D. programs in music education.
- The graduate programs at the School of Music prepare students for competitive careers in performance, conducting, composition and music education.
- Highlights include one-on-one lessons and mentorship with an internationally acclaimed faculty, 100% job placement in the field of music education, successful placement in prestigious doctoral programs, the opportunity to network with high-profile artists, scholars and businesses, practical experience from conferences to international music festival participation, artist residencies, as well as assistantships to develop practical skills and garner pedagogical experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Composition
- Composition Seminar
- Analysis of Post-Tonal Music
- Twentieth Century Music
- Composition Recital
- Final Project in Composition
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or concentration in music, or the equivalent.
- Applicants must submit a portfolio of original music scores and recordings of composed works.
- Applicants are required to take placement examinations in music history and music theory before registering for coursework. Those applicants whose examination scores reveal deficiencies will be required to take appropriate additional coursework, which will not be applied to the graduate degree.
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15108 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15108 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4776 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.