Highlights of the Directing program at the University of Alberta:
- A two-year, plus thesis MFA Directing program
- More directing opportunities than most other programs; primarily a series of workshops and directing experiences - 4 specialist directing seminars plus the thesis production and process
- In depth seminars on a variety of forms and theatrical approaches with other grad students
- 2 people accepted per year
- Successful applicants are creative artists who aim to extend their knowledge and enhance their approaches to theatrical interpretation and creation
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Directing essentials
- Directing various kinds of texts and theatrical styles
- Working with designers and other members of the collaborative team
- Working in various staging configurations
- Rehearsal process tools
- Collaboration skills
- Orientation to the professional landscape
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 39 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International7680 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7680 CAD per year during 24 months.
National3759 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3759 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.