The Master’s degree at University of North Carolina Greensboro is offered with specialization in Human Nutrition and emphasis in applied Nutrition Science or Basic Nutrition Science. The M.S. (thesis-option) is a research-based degree program designed to prepare students for teaching, research, administrative, and consulting positions or for progression to a Ph.D. degree program.
Department faculty have a wide range of research interests related to nutrition and health and use of diverse methodological approaches. These interests include the metabolism, function and requirements of specific nutrients throughout the life cycle, nutrients and phytochemicals in health and disease, nutritional assessment and intervention, maternal and infant nutrition, nutrition education, nutrition and aging, nutrition and physical performance, interaction of nutrients on genes and regulation of the growth and development of bone and adipose tissue.
Faculty and students conduct basic research (work with small laboratory animals and/or cultures of animal and human cells) or applied research (work with human subjects in clinical or community based studies) to achieve research objectives.
The non-thesis Option
The M.S. non-thesis option is designed to prepare students for consulting, administrative, and practitioner positions in nutrition. A comprehensive examination must be passed. The registered dietitian (R.D.) credential must be obtained for a career in dietetics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Nutrition
- Gene Expression and Protein Metabolism
- Energy, Carbohydrate, Lipid Metabolism
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Food Components
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Advanced Statistics in the Behavioral and Biological Sciences I
- Problems in Food and Nutrition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 252 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript from every college and university previously attended. If credit from one institution has been transferred to another, a transcript from the original institution is not required if the course titles and grades appear on the degree granting transcript. If an applicant is currently enrolled in a degree program and will not graduate prior to an admission deadline, transcripts should be provided that reflect courses in progress.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors, employers, or persons well acquainted with the applicant’s academic potential.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.