This Product and System Design program at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) focuses on the design of systems and equipment related to ocean industries, energy and water infrastructure. The applied design methods and technologies are generic and can be applied in a wide range of industries and applications.
- The ocean, energy and water infrastructure industries and the fight to save our environment are global arenas.
- Specialists in product and system design related to the oceans and water infrastructure have the world as a workplace.
- Jobs range within design, engineering, operations, maintenance as well as management, finance, insurance and governments.
- Modelling and Simulation of Dynamic Systems
- CAE - Computer Aided Engineering
- Systems Engineering and Product Architecture Applied to Maritime Industry
- Machinery Systems Design and Analysis
- Mechatronics, robots and deck machines
- CFD - Applied Computational Fluid Dynamics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design Design View 5 other Masters in Industrial Design in Norway
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and/or in Norway, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Living costs for Ålesund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.