History (Thesis) from University of Canterbury features a raft of interesting courses taught by established scholars. Take a closer look.
Students at History (Thesis) from University of Canterbury will demonstrate certain skills:
- an ability to select/define a topic/area of study;
- a thorough understanding of appropriate secondary material and a critical awareness of its historiographic development and significance;
- an ability to find, select, examine, incisively analyse and marshal in support of an argument a substantial body of primary source material;
- an ability to develop and offer arguments/conclusions based upon this original research which substantiate, modify, challenge or in other ways add to current historical understanding of the relevant subject/issue;
- a scholarly level of writing and presentation
- American History
- Medieval Europe: from Rome to the Black Death
- Revolutions and Revolutionaries
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
First day of any month
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 8 other Masters in Modern History in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- History has no formal prerequisites. However, a good level of English literacy and writing skills and a willingness to read widely and think hard about problems in the past, are expected.
- Students must have qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with Honours degree (or other qualifications of an equivalent standard) within one of the Arts subjects offered in the MA(Thesis).
International23051 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23051 USD per year during 24 months.
National5105 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5105 USD per year during 24 months.
- National Students - 7,099 NZD
- International Students - 32,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.