The Nanoscience program offered by University of North Carolina Greensboro is designed for students with strong background in technical fields who seek additional specialized training to qualify them for positions in companies that work in the field of nanotechnology.
30-hours, MS Thesis concentration is designed for students who seek gaining in depth hands-on research experience while improving their scientific writing and mastering in nanoscience to continue further in their higher education.
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline, and as a minimum will have completed mathematics up to Calculus II.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application early, at least 30 days prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 1484 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration or focus area related to nanoscience (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering). For students from non-U.S. schools, applicants must submit their transcript for evaluation by the graduate school, to demonstrate that their undergraduate performance satisfies this requirement.
- Satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate. This corresponds to a “B” (3.0 GPA) average or better in the undergraduate major and in courses prerequisite as a minimum, through completed calculus through differential equations (Calculus I & II).
- Satisfactory test score for the Graduate Record Examination
International31560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State8670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 289 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.