Rehabilitation counselors assist people with disabilities to become more independent, increase their access to education and employment and ensure they are respected members of society.
This Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling MSc program offered at Georgia State University was accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs through October 31st, 2027.
- The clinical rehabilitation counseling program trains students in the basic and advanced counseling, advocacy and technical skills they need to assist people with disabilities.
- Students complete 700 hours of supervised fieldwork experience in a wide range of agencies and settings throughout the metro-Atlanta area.
- Graduates of our program are eligible to become certified rehabilitation counselors. In addition, they meet the educational requirements necessary to become licensed professional counselors in Georgia.
- Our students have a 73 percent pass rate on the Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling certification exam, well above the national average.
Our Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling M.S. program is fully accredited by CORE until 2019. We became CACREP accredited in 2017.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Social/Cultural Issues in Counseling and Psychological Services
- Methods of Research in Education
- Counseling Skills
- Group Counseling Systems
- Counseling Systems and Interventions
- Career Theory, Assessment, and Intervention
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 1262 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Online application
- $50 application fee
- Goals statement (upload with the application)
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Three letters of recommendation (identify your recommenders on the application)
- Official transcript: Minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA required for admission; Submit transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- GRE scores: Use institution code 5251; scores may not be more than five years old at time of application submission
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.