The thesis M.S. and the Ph.D. are research-oriented degrees, intended primarily for students intending a career involving research.
The non-thesis M.S. in Zoology requires less research experience than does the thesis M.S. and so is appropriate for students planning non-research careers, such as teaching or government service, as well as those planning research careers.
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Master's Plan B/C Studies
- Principles of Animal Behavior
- Principles of Animal Behavior Lab
- Fish Behavior and Sensory Biology
- Fish Behavior and Sensory Biology Laboratory
- Topics in Development and Reproductive Biology
- Seminar on Science Teaching
- Marine Ecology
- Quantitative Field Ecology
- Advanced Biometry
- Cellular Neurophysiology
- Population Biology
- Conservation Biology
- Seminar in Zoology
- Directed Research
- Thesis Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 1148 other Masters in Biology in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.