The Gerontology MA program from Georgia State University offers an interdisciplinary curriculum that provides in-depth exposure to issues, knowledge and research about aging processes, older people and the needs of an aging population. Our program offers an intimate, nurturing and stimulating environment in which to learn.
The M.A. in Gerontology at Georgia State University leads to stable employment for our graduates, who go on to work in aging services or other professions that serve the needs of older adults. Career opportunities are projected to expand as the population in the United States continues to age in coming decades.
More than half of our graduates work in a non-profit or governmental agency, about one-fifth work for small private businesses.
Examples of some of the positions held by our M.A. alumni:
- Georgia Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia’s State Plan Coordinator
- Director, Respite Care Atlanta
- Evidence-Based Aging Services Coordinator, Division of Aging Services, Georgia
- Aging Services Coordinator/Caregiver Specialist, Division of Aging Services, Georgia
- Staff Ombudsman at Legacy Link
- Clinical Dietitian at Veteran’s Administration, Atlanta
- Project Manager, Kaiser Permanente, Georgia
- Activities Assistant at Benton Village Assisted Living, Georgia
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods in Gerontology
- Aging Policy and Services
- Heath and the Older Adult
- Sociology of Aging
- Diversity and Aging
- Psychology of Aging
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGerontology View 123 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is preferred for this program.
- Statement of Purpose
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts (one from each institution attended)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Scores (international applicants only)
International30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15108 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4776 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.