Students pursuing an MFA in Interior Architecture at University of North Carolina Greensboro develop their own intellectual interests in design while preparing for careers in teaching, research, or specialized practice.
Our program offers distinctly strong student-faculty relationships, where students work closely with faculty members to gain expertise. The Department of Interior Architecture supports a broad range of student interests. Everything we do is anchored on our values of promoting sustainable design for social, psychological, and ecological well-being. We offer particular strengths in historic preservation, interior product design, community-engaged design, and human-environment relationships.
About the department
We have elected to call our department “Interior Architecture” as a statement of our belief that design education is a holistic and multidisciplinary activity. We believe that learning to be a designer is a complex and rigorous task, requiring devotion and passion.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Interior Architecture I
- Advanced Interior Architecture II
- Advanced Interior Architecture III
- Environmental Design Research
- Seminar in Interior Architecture
- Historic Preservation: Principles and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 56 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement: Please submit a one to two page personal statement including the reason for applying to the MFA program in Interior Architecture at UNCG, how it relates to the candidate’s career goals, and what s/he may want to specialize in and why, if admitted. We are especially interested to hear how a prospective student’s interests align with current faculty interests.
- Design Portfolio: We also request a portfolio of design work including representative examples of design work with short written descriptions of the projects to provide an overview of the candidate’s design skills and design experience. Examples of 2-D or 3-D art work could be included, if applicable.
International1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State653 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 653 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.