There are two concentrations in this M.Ed.: Early Childhood Leadership & Program Administration and Early Childhood Leadership & Advanced Teaching Licensure.
Early Childhood Teacher, Early Interventionist, Resource and Referral Specialist, Child Care Consultant, Family Advocate, Program Administrator, Community College Instructor
Upon completion of this Birth-Kindergarten Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Development program, University of North Carolina Greensboro students will be eligible for careers as: Early Childhood Teacher/Director, Early Interventionist, Inclusion Specialist, Community College Instructor, Curriculum Specialist, Early Childhood Consultant, Family Specialist/Advocate, Development Specialist, Supervisor/Administrator, Home-Based Service Provider.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Inclusive Birth– Kindergarten Services
- Inclusive Family-Centered Practices in Early Childhood
- Screening/Assessment in Inclusive Early Childhood Services
- Leadership & Mentoring in Educating Young Children
- Advanced Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- Theory & Research in Early Childhood Development
- Methods of Educational Research
- Internship in Inclusive Early Childhood
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application early, at least 30 days prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 245 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or a related field
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 for admission
- Applicants to the advanced licensure emphasis must have an initial teaching license
International19462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 289 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.