This is an independent degree and not required as a prerequisite for the doctoral degrees.
Research Track MS
This two-year program is designed for individuals who wish to pursue careers in biomedical research and can serve as either a terminal degree or as preparation for PhD studies. Program applicants must have completed a comprehensive series of graduate-level courses on the fundamentals of modern research biology (including G715, G716, G717, G817, G855, G505) as well as two years of D861 (seminar), electives and at least 12 hours of D860 (research) with completion of a laboratory-based thesis or research paper. Participation in this program does not require the traditional anatomical courses. Applications for the Research Track are considered only after the potential student reaches a mentoring agreement with a faculty member with whom the research work will be done.
- Human Developmental Anatomy
- Neuroscience and Clinical Neurology
- Neuroanatomy: Contemporary and Translational
- Basic Bone Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 893 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in the sciences or a substantial knowledge base in these disciplines
- Official college transcripts send directly from the institution(s)
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT); in addition, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of international applicants.
- Personal statement of applicant
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- Letter from an identified mentor with the IUSM Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology (for Research Track only).
International60000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 60000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National60000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 60000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State35000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
International students, the way IUPUI prepares you for life means that you receive great value for your tuition dollars—especially if you receive one or more of our scholarships.International students are eligible to be considered for scholarships worth up to $27,000 per year. When you apply for admission, IUPUI automatically considers you for some merit scholarships. You can also apply separately for other scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.