The program’s goal is to graduate students who understand the basic processes of aging, apply theoretical approaches to aging to their particular fields and circumstances, and can evaluate information about older adults from various sources and perspectives.
University of North Carolina Greensboro online Master of Science in Gerontology takes an applied, interdisciplinary approach to the study of aging. The program’s mission is to teach, research, and apply knowledge through collaborative relationships with academic departments, community organizations, and businesses to enrich the lives of older adults and their families.
- AARP’s Employer Resource Center assists employers with recruitment, workplace trends, retention strategies, retirement considerations, workplace law, benefits, and AARP’s Best Employers Program.
- Jobline of the Gerontological Society of America (GSA)
- Jobline of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE)
- Jobline of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- Visit UNCG’s Career Services Center.
- Volunteer opportunities with local seniors
- Jobs listed in the Greensboro New & Record Triad Careers Online
- Proseminar in Gerontology
- Life Planning for the Third Age
- Issues in Aging and Business: Boomer Demographic Phenomena
- Issues in Aging and Business: Workforce and Human Resources Policies for an Aging Society
- Health & Aging
- Financing Longevity: Topics in Insurance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Gerontology View 54 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript from every college and university previously attended. If credit from one institution has been transferred to another, a transcript from the original institution is not required if the course titles and grades appear on the degree granting transcript. If an applicant is currently enrolled in a degree program and will not graduate prior to an admission deadline, transcripts should be provided that reflect courses in progress.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors, employers, or persons well acquainted with the applicant’s academic potential.
International15780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State4335 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 289 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.