Basic Degree Information/Description
Students in the The Physics program of The University of Texas at San Antonio will have opportunities to choose Special Topics courses taught by the UTSA Physics faculty and core scientists from the Southwest Research Institute Space Science and Engineering Division, covering various topics in the fields of biophysics and biomedical physics; space physics and astrophysics to include heliospheric physics, magnetospheric physics, planetary science, computational fluid dynamics, cosmology, and space weather. Other special topics courses will include theoretical physics to include general relativity, cosmology, advanced condensed matter physics, quantum field theory and particle physics.
Why pursue an M.S. in Physics at UTSA?
- Offers both a Thesis and a Non-Thesis degree option.
- Currently the 5th largest Graduate program in Physics in Texas.
- Students electing a thesis option have the opportunity to be involved in cutting-edge areas of research, quality of research and productivity.
- Small program where students have a true chance of one-on-one time with their advisors and other faculty members.
- Nominated for the STAR awards of the THECB.
- Joint program with the Space Science Dvision of the Southwest Research Institute.
Career Options Available for a Physics graduate
- Academic research or research in industry including sectors such as hi-tech, semiconductor, biotech, pharma, advanced nonmaterials, lasers.
- Classical Mechanics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Plasma Physics and Magnetohydrodynamics
- Solid State Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechatronics View 70 other Masters in Mechatronics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Texas at San Antonio and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university and a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in upper division undergraduate coursework, preferably in physics
- A completed a Graduate School application
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation
- Applicants must submit scores from the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- English language proficiency test scores
- Background or remedial courses in physics may be required to remove deficiencies
International27310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27310 USD per year during 12 months.
National27310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27310 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9362 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.