Food Science and Bioresource Technology program at the University of Alberta has leading edge research programs in food microbiology and food safety, food processing, food chemistry and functionality, functional foods and nutraceuticals, carcass and meat science, sensory and consumer science and bioresource technology.
Research addresses consumer demand for nutritious, safe, high quality foods and beverages, develops novel food processing technologies, creates innovative food and industrial products, and develops valuable bioproducts from agricultural commodities and waste.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Individual Study
- Advanced Study of Food Fermentations
- Processing of Milk and Dairy Products
- Muscle Food Science and Technology
- Rangeland Plant Communities of Western Canada
- Science and Technology of Cereal and Oilseed Processing
- Applied Bioinformatics
- Renewable Biomaterials
- Veterinary Immunology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 29 other Masters in Food Sciences in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
International7680 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7680 CAD per year during 24 months.
National3759 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3759 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.