The University of North Carolina Greensboro graduates have been hired by employers in a wide variety of organizations such as research institutes, medical centers, financial institutions, and federal and state governments. Because our MA in Applied Economics program gives its graduates a unique combination of theory, policy analysis, and data analytic skills, our graduates are well positioned for promotions after their initial placements.
90% of our graduates, in recent years, have found work in their chosen fields within three months of graduation, with about half of those graduates having job offers in hand before graduation.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
- Business Statistics or Mathematical Statistics
- Mathematical Economics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Applied Mathematics View 144 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
Full admission to the MA in Applied Economics program requires a baccalaureate degree with a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average, the attainment of satisfactory GRE or GMAT scores, three letters of recommendation, and strong performance in the following coursework:
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Mathematical Economics
- Economics and Business Statistics II
- Equivalent coursework in mathematics and statistics may substitute for the latter two.
- Complete online graduate school application
- GRE scores from a test taken within the past 5 years
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement that outlines professional goals (see below for a description)
International20933 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31400 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18900 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
In-State7466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11200 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.