Basic Degree Information/Description
The Master of Science degree is awarded to candidates who have displayed an in-depth understanding of the subject matter and demonstrated the ability to make an original contribution to knowledge in their field of specialty.
- The Master of Science degree requires a minimum of 36 semester credit hours beyond the baccalaureate degree (exclusive of coursework or other study required to remove deficiencies).
Career options available for graduates
Graduates of the Environmental Sciences program of The University of Texas at San Antonio are employed as scientists in government agencies and private environmental consulting firms. Some of the graduates who complete theses pursue doctoral degrees.
- Survey Topics in Environmental Science
- Environmental Statistics
- Policy and Principles of Environmental Law
- Graduate Seminar in Environmental Science and Engineering
- Environmental Science Colloquium
- Environmental Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences View 233 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Texas at San Antonio and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, chemistry, geology, engineering or some other related scientific discipline
- Coursework in the following areas: general statistics; environmental science; environmental law, if not taken at the undergraduate level. Applicants lacking these requirements will be asked to complete these deficiencies within the first 12 credit hours
- A completed a Graduate School application
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A letter of research interest as well as professional and academic goals
- English language proficiency test scores
International27310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27310 USD per year during 12 months.
National27310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27310 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9362 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.