- This foundation equips students to enhance human well-being and to promote social and economic justice and human rights through ethical professional practice with culturally diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Once the generalist curriculum (30 credit hours) is complete, students choose a specialization in Children, Youth, and Families (CYF) or Adults and Healthy Aging (AHA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Social Work and Social Welfare
- Human Behavior and Social Systems
- Community Practice Across the Life Course
- Poverty, Oppression, and Inequity
- Organizing and Advocating for Change
- Foundations of Direct Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 522 other Masters in Social Work in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at George Mason University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students with a BSW degree who demonstrate superior academic achievement and excellence in social work practice may apply for advanced standing. Advanced standing students begin the MSW Program in the summer and upon successfully completing SOCW 674, move directly into the specialized practice curriculum. Advanced standing students must successfully complete 600 hours of supervised field practicum in agencies approved by the Department of Social Work.
- All other academic policies for the advanced standing program are identical to those for the traditional MSW Program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 24 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State16290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.