We have transitioned the nurse practitioner specialty offering from the master’s to the Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) to align with the national direction of the profession. Students interested in these specialties should pursue the school’s DNP program.
UH Manoa Nursing will continue to provide nurse practitioner and nursing executive leadership master's-level courses until all current students have completed their program.
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Master's Plan B/C Studies
- Professionalism in Nursing
- Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment
- Health Assessment Lab
- Foundations of Nursing Science
- Foundations of Nursing Science and Practice Lab
- Bio-Behavioral Health Nursing
- Bio-Behavioral Health Nursing Clinic/Lab
- Nursing Care of Childbearing Families
- Nursing Care of Childbearing Families Clinical/Lab
- Acute Care Nursing
- Acute Care Nursing Lab
- Clinical Immersion to Nursing Practice
- Clinical Immersion to Nursing Practice Lab
- Introduction to Community and Public Health Nursing
- Introduction to Community and Public Health Nursing Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing View 724 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- To be eligible, an applicant must hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education. At minimum, the applicant needs to demonstrate above average academic performance (B average, usually a 3.0 on a 1.0-4.0 scale) for undergraduate course work and for any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Because the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of spaces available, admission is competitive. Meeting minimum admissions standards does not guarantee admission.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.