We have transitioned the nurse practitioner specialty offering from the master’s to the Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) to align with the national direction of the profession. Students interested in these specialties should pursue the school’s DNP program.
UH Manoa Nursing will continue to provide nurse practitioner and nursing executive leadership master's-level courses until all current students have completed their program.
Multicultural Global Experience
Committed to being the leading indigenous serving university in the country, University of Hawaii at Manoa proudly delivers a unique multicultural global experience in a Hawaiian place of learning, with a long history of adherence to the principles of sustainability and the essence of aloha—truly like nowhere else on earth.
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Master's Plan B/C Studies
- Professionalism in Nursing
- Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment
- Health Assessment Lab
- Foundations of Nursing Science
- Foundations of Nursing Science and Practice Lab
- Bio-Behavioral Health Nursing
- Bio-Behavioral Health Nursing Clinic/Lab
- Nursing Care of Childbearing Families
- Nursing Care of Childbearing Families Clinical/Lab
- Acute Care Nursing
- Acute Care Nursing Lab
- Clinical Immersion to Nursing Practice
- Clinical Immersion to Nursing Practice Lab
- Community and Public Health Nursing
- Community and Public Health Nursing Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 763 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification pages, or a copy of the national identification card if a passport is not available.
- Submit one transcript or academic record from each institution of higher education attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take English Language Proficiency.
- Show proof of sufficient funding to cover all educational and living expenses, including expenses for any accompanying spouse or children.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.