The four semester Cartography M.Sc. programme at TU Dresden starts every year in winter semester (October) and will enrol up to 25 students from all over the world. Language of instruction is English. The full-time programme awards a total of 120 ECTS.
With a high concentration of scientific competence, the programme is outstanding not only in Europe. The four involved universities complement each other to provide an exceptional programme with excellent job employment prospects in this interdisciplinary field. The programme takes place at all four cooperating universities and is completely taught in English.
Students stay together as a group during the whole time and have to spend their 1st semester at TUM in Germany. Then they have to study the 2nd semester at TU Vienna in Austria. After that they study their 3rd semester at TU Dresden in Germany. During the first and third semester, online modules from the University of Twente are integrated in the curriculum. In the 4th semester students prepare their Master’s thesis at one of the four participating universities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cartographic Foundations
- Geovisualization and Geostatistics
- Introduction to Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Image Processing
- Principles of Databases, UT/ITC online module
- Scientific Visualization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 70 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
- Application for admission or for enrolment (TUMonline form)
- English language certificate (certified copy)
- Complete and current résumé (CV)
- Letter of motivation
- Subject and grade transcript of studies to date (certified copy)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Preliminary Documentation / VPD certificate (only for applicants with diploma obtained from countries outside of EU/EEA or Switzerland)
- Documents for enrolment
- Passport style photo (as for ID)
- Evidence of student health insurance (issued by a compulsory health insurance company)
- Degree certificate (certified copy)
- Diploma (certified copy)
International258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 129 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 129 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
129.40 EUR in total (62 EUR student union fee and 67.40 EUR semester ticket fee)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.