The master's program in nursing, Nurse Educator concentration from George Mason University requires 41 graduate credits. Of these, a 15-credit core consists of course work in the theoretical and ethical foundations of nursing, nursing research and biostatistics, nursing informatics, and the organization of nursing and health care delivery systems. The remaining credits are satisfied by completing the additional 26 credits required for the concentration.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The program prepares nurses for a variety of leadership and practice roles in the health care system.
The adult gerontology and family nurse practitioner primary care concentrations have been approved by the state boards of nursing and medicine in Virginia. The nursing administration concentration prepares nurses to be leaders in health care organizations. The nurse educator concentration prepares graduates for educational positions in health care organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Assessment in Clinical Practice
- Principles of Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing Education
- Physiology and Pathophysiology in Advanced Practice
- Perspectives in Nursing Education
- Application of Nursing Education Principles to Curriculum and Program Development
- Practicum and Seminar in Nursing Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
39 - 49
DisciplinesEducation Nursing View 685 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Applicants must meet the admission standards and application requirements specified in Graduate Admissions and must apply using the online Application for Graduate Admission.
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited baccalaureate (BSN) program in nursing, except for the applicants to the RN-to-MSN program.
- In addition, applicants must have an active state-based/US license as a registered nurse (RN), a current CPR card, and documented work experience as an RN.
- The application process is competitive, and applications are considered for the fall and spring semesters. For application deadlines and detailed application requirements, refer to the CHHS Admissions website.
International1487 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1487 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1487 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1487 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State599 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 599 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.