Faculty members’ interdisciplinary interests and affiliations with other programs complement the English program’s grounding at the University of California, Davis, in traditional genres and methods of literary analysis as well as emerging methodologies. This wide range also characterizes the M.A. degree in creative writing—students take workshops in both poetry and fiction, as well as literature seminars. Students graduate with the qualitative and quantitative skills necessary for professional research and teaching in English, or demonstrated skill in creative writing for careers as professional writers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of Fiction
- Graduate Study in English
- British Literature before 1800
- American Literature 1865–present
- Studies in Contemporary World Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 627 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Statement of Purpose, and the Personal History and Diversity Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended
- Application Fee ($105 domestic; $125 international)
- 1-2 research or term papers written for English courses
International26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26544 USD per year during 12 months.
National26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Davis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.