The key aim of the program is to train students in research methodology and techniques and to engage them in the critical evaluation of literature and results in their field of research at an advanced level.
Whilst the Master of Philosophy may contain a significant coursework component, the focus of the degree is on research. Master of Philosophy graduates are well placed to progress to independent research at doctoral level.
As one of the most highly research-intensive and respected universities in Australia and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight, The University of Adelaide is the smart choice for your research program. The University is committed to providing unique opportunities for graduates and researchers who are recognised as worldwide leaders for their vision and capacity to address global research challenges.
All Master of Philosophy students at the University have the opportunity to broaden their research experience through the Career and Research Skills Training (CaRST) program.
A Dentistry program from the University of Adelaide is a great stepping stone to transition to a Doctor of Philosophy. It is the highest research award after a doctorate and can greatly increase your career opportunities in academia, government and industry.
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Master of Philosophy (Dentistry) comprises an independent, supervised research project mutually agreed upon by the student, their supervisors and Head of School. Students can choose to undertake the degree by either 100% research or, by mixed research and coursework.
- The award of the degree for students in the 100% research stream is based entirely on the examination of a thesis, however, students in the mixed research and coursework stream complete one third of the degree (15 units) by coursework and the remaining two thirds of the degree by research resulting in the production of a proportionally smaller thesis.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDentistry Health Sciences View 332 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
Academic background and Experience
- An applicant must demonstrate that they have gained the required qualifications for admission to the Master of Philosophy (Dentistry) as detailed in the academic program rules.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- As English is the language of instruction at the University of Adelaide, all applicants must provide evidence of their proficiency before an offer of a place is made.
International51000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.