The Middle East and Islamic Studies program at George Mason University situates the study of the Middle East and Islam within a globalized world.
The curriculum covers topics of recent scholarly significance including political Islam, the political economy of business-government networks, the relationship between "resource wars" and the "war on terrorism," new diasporas and transnational Muslim communities in the “West,” and the changed geopolitical environments of Muslim and Middle Eastern countries.
- The Middle East and Islamic Studies degree at George Mason University prepares students for a variety of post-graduate opportunities in academia, government, and an expanding job market for people with this expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Islamic Texts and Contexts
- Politics and Societies of the Middle East
- Methods in Anthropology
- Interdisciplinary Research Methods
- The Scientific Method and Research Design
- The Study and Writing of History
- Methods and Logic of Social Inquiry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Political Science View 311 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center from all universities attended.
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the Mason Office of Admissions.
International50860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25430 USD per semester during 12 months.
National50860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25430 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9446 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.