Many postsecondary institutions in the greater San Antonio area recruit graduates with master's degrees for leadership positions in admissions, career planning and placement, commuter student services, counseling services, financial aid, judicial affairs, multicultural services, orientation programs, residence life/housing, student activities, early intervention programs, and community outreach. The higher education concentration prepares practitioners for positions in higher education and student affairs administration at the post-secondary level. The program includes an integration of classroom-based academic learning and field-based experiential learning.
Why pursue an M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration?
- We keep in mind that many of our graduate students work full time, therefore, all of our courses are after 5:00 PM during the Spring and Fall Semesters and are located at both the 1604 and downtown campuses.
- During their last semester in the program, our Higher Education Administration students take an Internship Course. This course allows students to establish connections with departments in other areas of the university and broaden their knowledge of higher education systems.
- Our faculty care about our students' educational and professional growth. Each student is assigned a faculty advisor with whom they meet to ensure they are successfully matriculating through the program. Through these meetings, faculty members are able to establish personal relationships with their students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Human Relations in Educational Administration
- Education in a Culturally and Linguistically
- Diverse Society
- Educational Leadership Requirements
- Introduction to School Administration
- School and Community Relations in Education
- The Principalship
- Administration and Function of Special Programs
- Legal Foundations in Education
- Supervision: Teaching-Learning Process
- Internship in Educational Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, National
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3537 other Masters in Education in United States
- Apply Online - Graduate Application
- Domestic Application Fee: $50 / International Application Fee: $90
- All applicants must submit the completed application with all of the required materials to complete their application
- Letters of Recommendation
- Test Scores
- Personal Statement/Letter of Intent/Artist Statement
- Any additional application requirements may be uploaded
International51928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25964 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National51928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25964 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State16872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8436 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.