In addition to understanding the traditional military and diplomatic approaches that characterized the state-centric security framework of the last century, the core courses in the International Security program from George Mason University will provide a firm grounding with regard to public-private and international collaborative responses to emerging and unconventional threats, ranging from transnational crime, terrorism, illicit trade, proliferation of emerging technologies and WMD, and corruption to state fragility and ethnic and sectarian conflict.
- The Schar School of Policy and Government prepares undergraduate and graduate students to be leaders who advance the public good in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
- Through research and education in policy, government, and international affairs, Schar allows Mason to more effectively serve the region, Commonwealth, nation, and world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Grand Strategy
- Ethics and the Use of Force
- Politics and Practice of International Security Policy
- International Relations
- International Security
- National Security Technology and Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
International students (those who have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree outside of the U.S.) are required to apply one month prior to the domestic deadlines.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 155 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate application and fee
- 750-1,000 word written statement of your goals and interest in the program
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from all previous institutions attended in the U.S. For international institutions, transcripts may be unofficial but should include cumulative transcripts, degree certificate, individual semester marksheets (if applicable), and diploma (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one recommendation should be from an individual who is qualified to attest to the candidate’s academic potential
- Valid GRE/GMAT/LSAT scores (taken within 5 years prior to the date of applying). Applicants may waive the exam if they have a cumulative final GPA of 3.60 or higher (on the 4.00 scale) at the undergraduate level, or have a conferred graduate degree from a U.S. institution of higher education.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International45930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1531 USD per credit during 12 months.
National45930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1531 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 743 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.