Designed to provide the practical tools needed to compete in the global economy, this interdisciplinary program explores the way business, technology, law, economics, and public policy affect complex cross-border activities.
Unlike traditional international affairs programs, the Master's in International Commerce and Policy program focuses on international economic issues such as global trade and investment. It is also distinguished from an MBA program by providing training in the political, technological, cultural, and social aspects of the global economy.
No other school in the Washington, D.C. area offers a program like this one. As a student in the Master’s in International Commerce and Policy program, you will develop the skills and expertise in global finance, investment, trade, and development to excel and lead in the public and private sectors, multinational organizations, NGO’s, nonprofits, and consulting firms.
The international commerce and policy program at George Mason University's Schar School of Policy and Government is an innovative master’s degree program for current and aspiring private and public sector professionals who seek the knowledge and skills to be effective in an increasingly complex world marketplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Political Economy
- Macroeconomic Policy in the Global Economy
- Microeconomics and Trade Policy
- Global Financial Crises and Institutions
- Global Trade Relations
- Technology, Culture, and Commerce
- Introductory Data Analysis for Policy and Government
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Commerce Public Policy View 21 other Masters in Commerce in United States
- Graduate application and fee
- 750-1,000 word written statement of your goals and interest in the program
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from all previous institutions attended in the U.S. For international institutions, transcripts may be unofficial but should include cumulative transcripts, degree certificate, individual semester marksheets (if applicable), and diploma (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one recommendation should be from an individual who is qualified to attest to the candidate’s academic potential
- Additional requirements for applicants with international credentials
International1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1512 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1512 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State724 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 724 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.