It’s delivered online through three of the world’s leading universities in addiction sciences: The University of Adelaide; Virginia Commonwealth University; and the Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London. On completion of the degree, you’ll be recognised as a graduate of all three universities.
What will you do?
- Learn from world experts in addiction.
- Access multiple libraries and resources.
- Explore all aspects of addiction—from pharmacological and psychosocial approaches to public health and policy.
- Work through forward-thinking lectures, readings and modules.
- Develop international networks.
- Study from anywhere in the world.
We accept applications until 1 July and classes commence in August of each academic year. For more information, including admissions criteria, application forms, curriculum outline and tuition fees, visit: www.ipas.vcu.edu
Where could it take you?
Maybe you’re in law enforcement or social work and want to support changes in your community. Perhaps you’re a counsellor looking to take on a specialised role in addiction. Maybe you’re a research scientist or a public health graduate pursuing innovation and policy changes.
This Addiction Studies program from University of Adelaide aims to develop professionals who are fully prepared to assume leadership roles in the addictions field throughout the world. It offers students depth and overview of the addiction field and enables them to improve career prospects and move into higher positions in the workforce.
The Master of Science in Addiction Studies (International Program in Addiction Studies) does not offer training in clinical and counselling skills.
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Basis of Addiction
- Public Health Issues and Approaches to Addiction
- Treatment of Addiction: Psychosocial Interventions
- Treatment of Addiction: Pharmacotherapies
- Treatment of Addiction: Critical Issues
- Addiction Policies
- Research Methodology in Addictions
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
- All applicants must meet the admission entry requirements as set out by VCU. Please note that FEE-HELP is not available for this degree. Specific merit-based scholarships are available for this degree.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.