The Master of Science (MSc) in Molecular Life Sciences program offered by University of Lausanne offers in-depth training in the areas of molecular genetics, genomics, cell and developmental biology. We propose in particular specialised courses on the interactions of molecules within networks that control the life of micro-organisms, plants, animals and man. Considerable attention is dedicated to the learning and application of advanced techniques in genome sequencing and annotation. In another class, you will learn how to write a literature review and a grant application.
Possibilities of specialisation in:
- Integrative Biology
University studies develop, in addition to specific academic skills, a great many transverse skills such as: oral and written communication, critical, analytical and summarising faculties, abilities in research, management of bibliographic resources and knowledge of the specific scientific litterature, and so on.
This range of skills, combined with the curriculum offers advanced training in cutting-edge experimental biology and in scientific communication, which is ideal for a number of career prospects including :
- Academic research
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Diagnostic and biomedical research
- Swiss Federal research stations
- Biotechnology firms
- Environmental technologies
- Anti-Infective Agents
- Bioinformatic Algorithms
- Computational Thinking in BioMedicine
- Industrial Bioinformatics
- Co-evolution, Mutualism and Parasitism
- Scientific Mediation and Communication - Museum Module
- Design and Build a Synthetic Biological System II (iGEM Project)
- Evolutionary Consequences of Hybridization and whole Genome Duplication
- Integrated course Mountain Ecosystems - Ecology & Evolution
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 10 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must be holders of a Bachelor of Science in Biology or in a field considered to be equivalent awarded by a Swiss university.
- Another degree or academic title may be judged equivalent and give access to the Master’s degree course, with or without further conditions.
International1100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Tuition fees (exams included) and semester fees: CHF 580.- (per semester)
Living costs for Lausanne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.